[sword-devel] Chapter-centric browsing (was: iPhone frontend alpha screenshots)

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 15:29:19 MST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Daniel Owens <dhowens at pmbx.net> wrote:

> Sebastien Koechlin wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 12:50:38PM -0500, Ian Wagner wrote:
>>> Have any of you used the Libronix Digital Library System (previously
>>> known as Logos bible software)? They actually load up the ENTIRE book
>>> (whether it be a bible or commentary or whatnot) so you have a
>>> scrollbar indicator about as thick as a credit card :) Just thought
>>> I'd throw that out there. I'll have to think about this idea some more.
>
> I use Libronix on occasion myself, and it's a great program. It's a
> memory hog, though, and doesn't run in Linux, so when I am preparing
> sermons I usually PREFER to use a SWORD application. Not being able to
> scroll easily, though, is a substantial headache. It's one I willingly
> put up with, though, for the speed and convenience. As far as I know no
> one has mentioned that BibleDesktop allows for displaying a range of
> verses that cross chapter boundaries. This is particularly useful for
> cross-references or working on passages that cross chapter boundaries.

That is an advantage of BibleDesktop.  The disadvantage is that if I
want to go to a reference like Genesis 3:3 then I don't get any
context at all, so I am forced to go to Genesis 3 or Genesis 3:1 - 10
or whatever else I may decide to.  At least with a chapter-centric one
I would generally get some context automatically.

Jon