[sword-devel] Chapter-centric browsing

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Nov 25 07:59:44 MST 2008

Ian Wagner <iwagn973 at students.bju.edu> writes:
> Interesting. My dad is a pastor and he has been using Libronix since
> it was known as Logos back in the Windows 95 days. Unfortunately, the
> application is only single-platform at the moment so my dad has to run
> it in a VM since he is now a mac user. The Mac betas look promising,
> but still no linux, and as you said, it is a major memory hog.

The likelihood of a Libronix Linux port is zero to nil.  There are
various comments you can find sprinkled around the web if you google for
"linux libronix" where people report Bob Pritchett, Logos CEO, saying in
effect, "Absolutely never."  One brief chat I had with him in January
briefly touched on the same thing, though he wasn't quite so forceful at
the time.  Perhaps he was just being polite since he knew I do GS in Linux.

The Mac beta period is almost over, though they have apparently recently
struggled with their entire Preferences mechanism disappearing in a
recent RC build. :-)  (I watch Logos' newsgroups to keep up to date on
our competition.)