[sword-devel] iPhone frontend alpha screenshots

Ian Wagner iwagn973 at students.bju.edu
Mon Nov 24 07:20:12 MST 2008

I've had this suggestion given to me a few times now by friends and I
really like the idea behind it. I'm not entirely sure why everyone has
always done chapter by chapter, but it just seems to have been a
convention for a very long time. The SWORD API actually grabs by
verse, so it wouldn't make much difference in implementation.  The
only difference might be a slightly longer load time. I believe that
the way the iPhone SDK's widgets work, I would have to load everything
before displaying it. I'll go play with that and see how much
difference it makes speed-wise.

As for the name, I think that could cause some confusion as to being a
PocketPC app. I would have preferred something like iSword, but that
name is already in use by someone developing an iPhone SWORD web
application (the project looks to be inactive though). If anyone has
any name suggestions let me know.

Ian
There's no place like 127.0.0.1