[sword-devel] iPhone frontend alpha screenshots

seb.sword at koocotte.org seb.sword at koocotte.org
Mon Nov 24 07:04:29 MST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 07:05:28AM -0500, Ian Wagner wrote:
> Please let me know any ideas/suggestions you have.

Really nice !

I have one suggestion you may find irrelevant: Don't cut on chapters but on
books.

I know that most (all?) sword frontend are displaying text chapter by
chapter, and sword-API is probably build this way; but I think it's a very
bad idea. Chapters and verses are a common and useful way to locate a text
fragment, not a way to cut text. This create artificial separations. Except
for Psalms, books are a more relevant separation, text was not initialy
written in small parts.

This may requiere a more tricky usage of libsword, keeping 3 or 4 chapters
at the same time to display text as if it was the full book.

--
Seb, autocuiseur -  La koocotte ® - 06 12 05 65 94