[sword-devel] Personal commentary -- internal scripture xrefs

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Wed Nov 12 18:07:51 MST 2008

"Ben Morgan" <benpmorgan at gmail.com> writes:
> It ties you down to having one module (though I believe gnomesword
> does allow extras - so this might not apply to it).

As you observe, yes, GnomeSword allows the renaming of a pers.comm which
in turn lets the user download it again and use the new one for
something else.

> Further, what if they want to make a dictionary, or generic book (or
> even a Bible)? All these aren't covered by the personal commentary.

GnomeSword does that.  We call them journals and prayer lists, and
constitute user-editable genbooks.  There is no reason a user cannot
create any kind of content in them, and especially as Sword is developed
toward the goal of genbook VerseKey support, one could indeed edit a
Bible or commentary that way.  Then a small tweak to the .conf would
move the genbook to Bible or commentary status and away you go.

Even without genbook VerseKey, one could easily script up a way to
massage the content from such a journal to generate normal Bc:v keys.