[sword-devel] SWORD iPhone Application

Ian Wagner iwagn973 at students.bju.edu
Tue Nov 11 12:16:46 MST 2008

Greetings,

My name is Ian Wagner and I am a Computer Science student at Bob Jones
University. I really like what you guys are doing and would like to be
of assistance if I can. There is currently very little bible software
for the iPhone/iPod touch right now, and most of the software out
there is plagued by 1) a very limited library, 2) requirement of an
Internet connection, or both. I think that a SWORD module reader for
the iPhone would be a great idea and I would love to help with
developing it. I have an iPhone dev license and was able to get the
SWORD API to build for it.

I understand that one of the major hangups was the GPL issue. The most
helpful article I found on the issue is located here: http://www.halostatue.ca/2008/08/26/gnu-gpled-software-and-the-iphone/
. Let me know what you guys think of that. I would really like to see
this become a reality.

I'm also the person who e-mailed sword-support about the Japanese
translations. I'm not Japanese, but learning the language is one of my
hobbies so if there is anything else I can do to help out in that
department then let me know.

Thanks,
Ian