[sword-devel] Announcing FireBible 0.5.1 - GPLed Firefox font-end

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 15:25:03 MST 2008

On Mar 30, 2008, at 6:07 PM, peter wrote:

>> Speaking of RtoL, is the display fine? Would you rather have the
>> notes
>> displayed on the right instead of the left? Or should that be a
>> preference?
>
> Good point - and bizarrely one I never thought about. I will come back
> on that one. It applies to BD too.

BD used to put notes on the right for L-to-R languages and on the left
for R-to-L languages. Because of a bug in Java's BIDI rendering within
HTML tables, it didn't work correctly. So now, BD always puts it on
the left. When we replace the viewer with a better engine, I think
I'll revert it.

Also, I'd suggest using a div for the notes and a div for the text
with css to position it where the user wants it. BD uses tables
because its handling of CSS positioning is non-existent. Then a simple
check box would allow to show/hide the notes div, and if each notes
link in the text is in a certain kind of element, then looping through
those elements to hide them would be good too.

-- DM