[sword-devel] [bd-users] Map Idea

Arthur Bolstad arthurbolstad at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 24 08:56:15 MST 2008

This might be what is needed for "auto" translation.  The tagging would
identify the extended semantic content around a word, which the program
could then access to decide which word among several to use - for
example, the difference between 'famous' (good) and 'notorious' (bad).

Even when not sufficient for full translation, this would make possible
and aide to Bible understanding once a Greek dictionary was properly
encoded with the ability to link between a given Bible, a Greek text,
and this encoded dictionary.

We are getting close to having literature created in/for the Sword
products!

Art Bolstad