[sword-devel] Building a module, would like multiple lemmas

Tom Cornell tom.cornell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 18:44:32 MST 2008

I'm building a module, as a sort of spin-off from a Greek class I'm taking
at church, to begin to get more familiar with this great resource that is
the Sword library. I would like to be able to sometimes display a lemma in
addition to the Strongs dictionary entry.

I'm generating OSIS XML (using the CCAT-Tauber database from MorphGNT.org as
a source, and also their XML Strong's).  Is there any way to just plug the
actual Greek form directly in the OSIS <w> tag, and have it display in, say,
BibleTime? I've tried variations on <w lemma="
lemma.greek:/insert-greek-here/ strong:... robinson:..."> but all that shows
up is the usual Strong's entry and Robinson morphological code. I have read
the OSIS_Bibles#Marking_with_Other_Lemma section in the wiki. From the wiki
it looks like I would have to create a formal lexicon module, and refer to
entries by number. Is this true? Or is there a more direct way? (It's just
the lemma itself I want to display, not a full-scale dictionary entry.)

I would be grateful for any pointers.

Tom Cornell