[sword-devel] Not! (Was: Portuguese Bibles - maybe found a PD text?)

Leandro DUTRA leandro.gfc.dutra at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:09:53 MST 2008

2008/6/25  <sword-devel-request at crosswire.org>:

> From: Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net>
>
> I think the JFA as such is an old and PD translation, but does not exist
> (as far as we know) in electronic format.

It does, in TIFF copies of a XIX century edition or something the
like.  It hasn't been OCR'd as far as I know, and would not be of much
use for today's readers without deep revision.

> So if this Macao based website has managed to digitalise an old PD
> version everything should be fine.

Cursory examination indicates it is quite similar to the old text,
which was a corrupted version of JFA Revisada.  This one is also quite
modern — certainly produced in the last forty years or so —, and is
also corrupted — bad orthography for example.  But contrary to our
old, corrupted Revisada, it seems to follow some old Iberian
Portuguese orthographic conventions, but not all, and to have far less
errors.  I would be quite interested in the history of this particular
text, has someone already contacted the publisher?

--
skype:leandro.gfc.dutra?chat Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra
+55 (11) 3040 7300 r155 gTalk: xmpp:leandrod at jabber.org
+55 (11) 9406 7191 ICQ/AIM: aim:GoIM?screenname=61287803
+55 (11) 5685 2219 MSN: msnim:chat?contact=leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm