[sword-devel] SwordReader PocketPC and SmartPhone CAB files.

David Trotz dtrotzjr at crosswire.org
Sat Jul 12 12:19:21 MST 2008

SonWon wrote:
> Agreed. Also I recommend defaulting to the less complex menu for all new
> users.

I think we are all pretty much in agreement on this now.
> I noticed today that I can flick scroll past the last verse. I think
> flick scroll should stop at the last verse so the last verse is at the
> top of the screen.

That would be easy enough to do. I currently have it stop just beyond
the end of the last line in a chapter, so that you cannot scroll and
scroll beyond that point only to get confused when trying to scroll back.

Anyone else have an opinion about this? Scroll till the bottom of the
last line, or scroll till the top of the last line of the last verse?
> It appears that rendering the last chapter of revelation takes longer
> than rendering the first chapter of Genesis. The chapters are comparable
> lengths. Maybe indexing? Someone else try and see what you think.

I am going to quietly ignore this until I have addressed rendering times
as a whole.
> On the screens where you select a book, chapter, or verse; the first
> choice is highlighted and a rectangle drawn around it. I think it would
> be good to give the user some feedback by highlighting and drawing a
> rectangle around the choice after tapping before the screen moves on.

That would be nice but I am guessing the next window is drawn so quickly
that you wouldn't see it anyway?

--
In Christ,
David Trotz