[sword-devel] Why is OSIS preferred? Was Re: usfm2osis.pl

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Jul 1 08:48:10 MST 2008

DM Smith wrote:
> Of the current ThML module, there are 106 glossaries. (These probably would be best to be encoded in TEI.) If we ignore these, since most people find them useless and ignore them and because most front-ends can't do anything useful with them, the number of ThML modules will be:
> 56

Oh. Well, that does change the numbers a bit. (And it was rather stupid
to even encode these as "ThML" since they should have just been
plaintext. If you look at the data, every entry has exactly one line and
exactly one ThML tag: a <br /> at the end of the line.)

Anyway, I believe I found a nice source from which to get replacements
for all of our glossaries (and more)--already encoded in TEI for us.
(But given the above, I'm not sure whether this is at all necessary.)

--Chris