[sword-devel] GPL and other license related questions

Jason Galyon jtgalyon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:52:24 MST 2008

On that subject

Free as in Freedom

Is Sword available under a dual license btw?  This probably has already
been answered but I am failing to find it currently.

Some believe the GPL to be restrictive and freedom destroying.  What
about other open source licenses like the Python license for example?
IANAL, but before I start a project I want to make sure I have the
freedom to develop open source as I believe is the most beneficial to
all.  Has this been answered before?

peter wrote:
> You posted already about a month ago and Chris Little did ask you some
> questions regarding your intentions, but you never cared to answer those.
>
> The thought was that you intended to do an ed run around the GPL by
> creating a GUI which was not GPL-ed.
>
> You did not provide any reassurance on this. Will you now?
>
> Peter
>
> peter wrote:
>
>> GPL?
>>
>> Wade Maxfield wrote:
>>
>>>    I want to do a sword project that is a little different than what has
>>> been done. (not much different)
>>>
>>>    I want a sword server application that can feed scriptures requested to a
>>> client.  This would be similar to a web server, but it would serve
>>> scriptures.  It would have to not crash if a selection was made that was