[sword-devel] Calvin's Commentaries and empty footnotes

Luke Plant L.Plant.98 at cantab.net
Thu Jan 10 17:46:49 MST 2008

On Thursday 10 January 2008 22:23:48 Barry Drake wrote:
> Hi Troy ..........
>
> Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> > Try adding this to the .conf file: GlobalOptionFilter=OSISFootnotes
>
> Arrrgh .....  thanks Troy for your patience!  One of us ought to have
> spotted that one.  I've put SwordReader back to using stripText
> because our method doesn't make anything of the footnote tags - just
> shows them in the raw.  Otherwise, it's just fine.  Thanks .... and
> thankyou Luke for a really useful module.

I'm sorry, I actually thought of this and put that line in my .conf, but
forgot to tell anyone.  The reason I forgot to mention this is that it
still doesn't work for me.  In fact, the module does not show that it
has any options available in BibleTime (as if it simply did not
recognise GlobalOptionFilter=OSISFootnotes).  I'm using latest
BibleTime (1.6.5, from CVS).  How do you get the footnotes to show? I
see (1) in superscript, but only in KJV can I succeed in actually
seeing the note (I have to select the small bit of text that contains
the (1)).  I have the same problem with ESV -- I see the (1), but can't
get the note to show.

Cheers,

Luke

--
"The first ten million years were the worst. And the second ten
million, they were the worst too. The third ten million, I didn't enjoy

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/