[sword-devel] Calvin's Commentaries - new module

Luke Plant L.Plant.98 at cantab.net
Tue Jan 8 19:17:21 MST 2008

On Wednesday 09 January 2008 01:58:36 Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> Luke Plant <L.Plant.98 at cantab.net> writes:
> > Well, it should be there by the time you read this -- it is 28 Mb,
> > compared to the 9 Mb for the bzip2 file, and it is still uploading.
>
> The reason the .zip is so large is that you did not remove the
> uncompressed content.  Once you had compressed it to the 6-file set
> [on]t.cz[svz], you should have removed the original ot, ot.vss, nt,
> and nt.vss.  The uncompressed content represents about three quarters
> of the post-unzip total (43M -vs- 17M).

Good catch!  I couldn't work out for a second how I had managed that,
until I realised that 'zip' will happily just add files to an existing
archive -- that zip file was created over multiple runs of my scripts.

I'm uploading a correct, 15 Mb version now:

9e9c9a165f6691a8bbb2b7876e777289  CalvinsCommentaries.zip

Luke

--
"The first ten million years were the worst. And the second ten
million, they were the worst too. The third ten million, I didn't enjoy

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/