[sword-devel] Flexible versification ........

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Wed Feb 13 03:39:18 MST 2008

Hi there .........

I just have to share this!  While taking a preliminary look at the way
General Books are handled compared with canonical text modules, I looked
at the search (using the commandline example).  Searching the whole
bible (without cLucene) for "amos" takes a lot longer in the KJV module
than it does in a KJVgbs module (which also contains all the tags).  I
dropped a timer into the code.  The figures are: KJV - 31.718 secs.
KJVgbs - 4.960 secs.

Out of interest I'll probably repeat the test with a text-only KJV in
both text and general book format.

I haven't looked at the 'why' as yet - I imagine it might be because of
the filters?  It's food for thought though.

Anyhow, I no longer regard general book modules as slow!

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com