[sword-devel] <title> not displayed?

pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 17:10:13 MST 2008

--- Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> ha scritto:

> More importantly, turning titles off is inappropriate in non-Bible
> texts. OptionFilters should basically never appear in non-Bible texts.

OK I'll remove those.

> It looks like the code is there and changes <title> into HTML <b>.
>
> If your <hi> code is pasted correctly, italic text is what would be
> expected. <hi> will be converted to italics by default unless
> type="bold" is specified. (Your example has no =, which means the
> whole mal-formed attribute will be ignored.)

No, my code is right.. the editor tends to fill in some tags so I mistyped it
in the email.
Here's what I have now:
     <title type="main">MEDITATION VIII.</title>
The Title still gets lost, but at least now I can read what the title was
about.
I think the highlighting would be clearer if I could make the font bigger.. sd
the original thml does, but I can't find a way to do it in OSIS.
While here, I have some questions:

In titles:
- What is the effect of adding type="main" or type="sub"?
- What is the effect of defining level=1?
in osisText:
According to the xsd the only value for osisRefWork is "Bible" so I guess this
would be wrong:
<osisText osisRefWork="GenBook" canonical="true" osisIDWork="passion"
Just as a suggestion for a future revision, I think other values (like
"GenBook") would be more appropiate.

The xslt conversor added the page numbers as milestones:
<milestone type="pb" n="5"/>
and then there is what appears to be crossreferences to the page numbers:

Edition</title>
 I don't think page numbers can be used as labels in OSIS right?

And finally, does sword support lists? This would be interesting but I haven't
made sense of it yet:

<title type="sub">Index of Latin Words and Phrases</title>
<list>
 <item>A fructibus eorum, cognoscetis eos:
 <item>Ecce homo:
 <item>Pater noster:

Sorry to keep firing questions for you guys but I am hoping that if I learn to
do just *one* document right, afterwards I won't be bothering any more ;-).

Pedro.