[sword-devel] <title> not displayed?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sun Feb 10 16:24:21 MST 2008

On Feb 10, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Try to enabled headings in the modulename.conf file.
> The line GlobalOptionFilter=OSISHeadings
> should be in the config to show osis headings.

OptionFilters allow features (like titles) to be turned OFF. Without
their entries in .confs, the features are permanently turned on.

More importantly, turning titles off is inappropriate in non-Bible
texts. OptionFilters should basically never appear in non-Bible texts.

>> Hello;
>>
>> I redid one of my thml docs (The Passion) in osis (thanks for that
>> xslt, it
>> really helped)... however, titles are not displayed in gnomesword.
>> For
>> example when I do this:

>> <title type="chapter">CHAPTER XL.</title>
>> <title>Crucifixion of the Thieves.</title>
>>
>> none of the titles are displayed. I had to do the second title with
>> <hi
>> type"bold">, which looks just like italic and I still don't get the
>> first
>> title either.
>>
>> Any hint?

It looks like the code is there and changes <title> into HTML <b>.

If your <hi> code is pasted correctly, italic text is what would be
expected. <hi> will be converted to italics by default unless
type="bold" is specified. (Your example has no =, which means the
whole mal-formed attribute will be ignored.)

Post some more of the context if you need more assistance. I don't
believe that there are any bugs in Sword's or GnomeSword's handling of
this text.

--Chris