[sword-devel] Open source German Volxbibel

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Dec 28 10:29:21 MST 2008

Eeli describes well how I understand paraphrase and how I see the
Volxbibel (or what I have read of it).

The Cottonpatch bible quoted by Eeli is in concept pretty close to what
the VolxBibel does - finding not words or phrases fitting the original,
but images and symbols which give (hopefully) a meaning appropriate to
the original but in a thought world close to the listener.

As such and with regard to translating or simply studying text privately
or in group - paraphrasing is a useful technique as it allows to
ascertain what is understood - and what not.

Peter