[sword-devel] Windows Self-Installer Modules

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Dec 19 13:04:46 MST 2008

Sorry Barry, yes, I forgot to include the request to cause the windows
installer to not use the InstallScan facility in the SWORD engine.  I
had planned to comment on this.

The SWORD Engine also supports notification of new modules installed.
This was added many years ago at the request of publishers who asked us
to show their About information upon installation.  It is not Windows
specific, but I don't believe we use it on any other platform.  It is
configured this way:

[Globals]
AutoInstall=./newmods/

SWMgr will search through all AutoInstall paths for .conf files, display
the About section (there is a virtual method which can be overwritten to
display how your GUI wishes to display) and then move the .conf file to
the primary SWORD library install location (determined by the complex
searching outlined in the link I sent earlier).

Basically this has the effect that after installing standalone books,
the next time you run any application compiled against the SWORD C++
engine, you will be prompted with something like: "Found New Module:
XXXX" followed by the About for that module.

This may not be a requirement any longer by any publisher.  I can't even
remember who originally asked for this.

	-Troy.