[sword-devel] New website - installation instructions

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Dec 19 12:43:26 MST 2008

Hi Troy ........

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> OK, so would this be a fair assessment of the requests on the table?

Just wondering: the use of a 'pending' directory into which the new
module is unpacked following opening of a Windows module installer .exe
is very much BibleCS only.  It might be nicer if Windows .exe installer
were compatible with BibleDesktop and the soon-to-be GnomeSword for
Windows.  The NSIS installer could install to a valid Sword directory
with a bit of work( and no - I don't have time to offer to do it, so
maybe I should keep my mouth shut).  I would hold somebody's hand in
doing it if need be, though.

A good alternative might be to scrap the self-installing Windows .exe
modules altogether.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com