[sword-devel] New website - installation instructions

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 23:43:31 MST 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Matthew Talbert <ransom1982 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Having spent a good part of the day trouble-shooting issues all
> related to this, I can say with certainty that SWORD does not play
> well on Windows at the present.

SWORD plays fine on Windows if you point SWORD_PATH to where the
modules are installed.  Handling whether they are writable by the user
is a system administration issue, and should be left that way.  The
only time when a user won't have write access to the Program Files
folder is when they are on a recent NT version of Windows, in which
case, ~/.sword notation works perfectly well to place the files in
C:\Users\<User name>\.sword

--Greg