[sword-devel] Eloquent/InstallMgr Question

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at web.de
Wed Apr 9 00:09:36 MST 2008

Am 09.04.2008 um 08:44 schrieb Greg Hellings:

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 1:04 AM, Manfred Bergmann <bergmannmd at web.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> Am 08.04.2008 um 23:38 schrieb Greg Hellings:

>>> It would have to be done with Administrator/root privileges.  sudo
>>> on
>>> the command line works, as does the authorization window that OS X
>>> brings up (not sure if that's automatic at the time an attempted
>>> write
>>> is made or if it needs to be done programatically) for GUI users.
>>
>> This needs to be done programatically. But it is not difficult.
>> I have code here for doing this. Let me know if you need a snipped.
>
> I was thinking more from the point of view of Eloquent.  If the
> install location is going to be in the /Library folder,
> Eloquent/MacSword would need to have this capability.  If the global
> install location is going to be in /Users/shared, then it wouldn't be
> necessary.

Ok, I was thinking you were talking about installing modules in the
global "Application Support" folder in /Library.
For copying anything there you need administrator rights.
You can look at the headers:
#import <Security/Authorization.h>
#import <Security/AuthorizationTags.h>

and here the function: AuthorizationExecuteWithPrivileges() is a good
start.

I wouldn't put modules into the app bundle, at least not on normal
Mac. For iPhone this might make sense.

Manfred