[sword-devel] single-user vs. multi-user installations, modules and packaging

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Sep 23 05:00:44 MST 2007

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:

> Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> writes:
> > I have noticed that for me one big problem with the Sword library is
> > poor documentation... Sword doesn't have to be as professional
>
> That's an odd supposition.  Why not?

I don't think it's realistic to suppose that this project had strict
processes, organization, world class documentation writers, QA etc.
which are needed to produce something like Qt or Java.

Maybe in the future, but not now. Look at for example
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/index.html and compare it to our web pages.
You can prove me wrong but not today. Start by documenting the library
as well as Qt is documented. Everything is there in one place, you can
find what you need and every detail has so much information that you
don't have to look at the source code (except the example sources of
course).

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland