[sword-devel] Beta Tisch and MorphGNT

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Sep 20 11:09:35 MST 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Matt Reimer wrote:
> I agree. IMHO Strong's numbers are an implementation detail that
> should remain hidden if at all possible.

It is a fossil from the age when there were no computers, only books.
The reason for it's existence is that many people could not find a word
from the lexicon/concordance. Now when computers do the searching and
finding there should be no reason to show such unmeaningful numbers. The
frontends should take care of assigning dictionary entries to words.
IMHO showing Strong's numbers at all is usually a sign of bad UI design.

Of course there should be some way to see them because sometimes one has
to use books with computers, but the UI should hide them when working
with the computer only.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland