[sword-devel] Cross-Compilation of GnomeSword or BibleTime

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Oct 25 11:07:44 MST 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, DM Smith wrote:

> While I was looking for instructions on how to compile nsis, a windows
> program, to run on Linux, I stumbled on an interesting website,
> outlining how to build a GTK Linux program to run on Windows, compiling
> it on Linux. While it specifically addressed GTK, it may also pertain to
> KDE. My guess is that a similar approach can be used to compile for an
> X11 environment on a Mac. It would be cool for there to be more
> cross-platform Sword applications.

KDE 4 will compile and run on Mac and Windows, at least so have been
told. BibleTime will hopefully follow that procedure.

KDE or Gnome applications are not suitable for most of the Windows or
Mac users because they have heavy dependencies. But of course it is good
to have more platforms for our programs to run on.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland