[sword-devel] SwordReader .......

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 25 10:24:48 MST 2007

Hi Robin and Troy ......

I now have up-and-running a reasonable version of SwordReader.  There
are five modified files which I'll commit to svn as soon as I have
commit privileges.  The fixes so far are:

* SwordReader now finds its home directory (where the executable is
placed) and uses that to locate the Sword stuff (mods.d and modules, or
sword.conf etc.).
* The controls and buttons have all been re-jigged to fit the screen in
either portrait or landscape mode. (I think I've got them all).
* Search now works properly (thanks to Troy).

That apart, there are one or two minor cosmetic changes to the layout of
some of the screens that I would like to make, but they won't affect
operation.

The main known problem now is that although footnotes produce a popup
when tapped, the popup contains an html reference instead of the note.
Anyone suggest what I might be looking at here?

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com