[sword-devel] SwordReader ........

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 25 01:13:34 MST 2007

Hi Robin ...........

RLRANDALLX at aol.com wrote:
> When I tried to compile sword.dll with the normal x86 Pocket PC
> emulator I got the following:
> C:\prog\sword\src\modules\swmodule.cpp(610) : error C2039:
> 'clearBound' : is not a member of 'SWKey'
>         ..\..\..\sword\include\swkey.h(71) : see declaration of 'SWKey'
I take it from your later post to sword-devel that you now have all the
files that Troy modified?  It's best to take an update from svn whenever
there's a commit notice.  I've attached the modified SwordIndex.cpp
although I guess you already have one that works?  So far, I don't have
commit access, so the modified files are here and nowhere else.

With regard to your questions.  The memory problem seems only to exist
in the emulator.  Adjusting the emulator memory usage on settings/memory
sometimes seems to help a bit.  I now have 19 versions on board and I
don't get a memory error, but some will probably get removed because
initialization is now very slow.

Highlighting the search word(s): Great idea.  I've no idea how to do
this.  Maybe you could take a look?

No need to remove Te2 - that's the reason for having simpleGUI - all the
source files are the same; simpleGUI just uses a different resource
file, so test with GUI and use simpleGUI for now.  For the time being,
any binary release will omit GUI.exe altogether.  GUI as an app name
isn't very inspiring.  We ought to name the release SwordReader.exe.
Te2 is evidently for a different text.  I would use it for a commentary
(or Greek).  BTW, IGNT works well with the greek alongside the English.
This is one of few modules that actually shows footnotes properly.  We
have to sort out how to handle the footnotes in modules such as NET.

Landscape issue almost solved.  Just a couple of tiny fixes and it
should work properly on either - with only one version.  There are three
or four modified files that are ready for commit (almost).

ICU and CURL not a problem with the Windows Mobile build - they are not
needed.  I just need them up and running so I can build the commandline
stuff for testing and debugging - and that's less of an issue now the
search problem has been taken care of (THX Troy).  However, the PC
installation package will want them if we incorporate the install
manager stuff.

Installation packageing is a big job since we have to go up yet another
learning curve.  For the interim, when we're ready to release the next
pre, we can make a zip that unpacks straight onto a card, (maybe
including kjv?) and tell the user to unpack module zips into the same
directory as the binary straight onto the card.

Daily devotional would be nice!

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com