[sword-devel] swordreader (pocketpc)

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Nov 9 11:54:31 MST 2007

>> Where do I go for the code and makefiles?
>>
> Barry,
>
> The Wiki for SwordReader is empty. This might be a good place to
> chronicle your findings.
> See: http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/Frontends:SWORDReader

Great idea!

The file to open with emvc++ is:

http://crosswire.org/svn/swordreader/trunk/src/SwRd.vcw

You will need the sword source checked
out to the same parent directory as swordreader, e.g.

D:\src\swordreader\
D:\src\sword\

Another tip:  Along the top of the IDE, there is a place to select which
project is 'active' and the target platform.  If you set these first to
the Dll project and x86 emulator (something like this) as the target,
then right-click on the Dll project and select build, it should compile
sword and and evc++ helpers, link the sword.dll, open the emulator and
copy the sword.dll to the emulator under Program Files\sword.  You will
probably get an error the first time saying that Program Files\sword
doesn't exist, so you'll have to open the file explorer on the emulator,
browse to Program Files and create a new 'sword' folder.  Be sure to
save the emulator when closing, or it will lose all your stuff.

After the dll is there, you can repeate the process for the gui and
simplegui projects.

Hope you get things working.  Let me know if you have any questions.

	-Troy.