[sword-devel] Lexicon updates

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri May 18 19:52:11 MST 2007

I'm working on a TEI-based revision of the Strong's lexicons, but won't
likely have it ready for a few weeks.

Karl's repository has the same lexicons (not sure what markup). His
sources are http://morphgnt.org/projects/strongs-dictionary for the
Greek and http://www.walljm.com/misc/heb_strongs.zip for the Hebrew.

I plan to use Jen Grebner's texts (the latter source) for both since the
markup seems a little more extensive. I'm not certain of the pedigree
beyond Mr. Grebner, but the text is definitely public domain. If you
really just want to extract the UTF-8 form of the word, it shouldn't
really matter.

I also found a source for K&D that I'm pretty happy with, so I'll work
on that when I get overseas as well.

--Chris