[sword-devel] Two distribution/compatibility bugs

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Mar 12 03:38:50 MST 2007

Joachim Ansorg <nospam+sword-devel at joachim-ansorg.de> writes:
>> 2. Under CygWin, src/utilfuns/swobject.cpp needs <string.h> in order
>> to compile, due to the presence of the nonstandard stricmp(); CygWin
>> string.h re-#defines it to the standard strcasecmp().  Or perhaps use
>> swbuf.h instead, since it brings in string.h.

> In utilstr.h in the namespace sword we have our own stricmp. i changed
> swobject to use that instead. Please test that if possible.

swobject.cpp compiles, but there seems to be a problem finding that
stricmp() during link.

   /bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++ -O2 -DCURLAVAILABLE    -o buildtest.exe buildtest.o ./lib/libsword.la -lz
   mkdir .libs
   g++ -O2 -DCURLAVAILABLE -o buildtest.exe buildtest.o  ./lib/.libs/libsword.a -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libcurl.dll.a -lssl -lcrypto -lz
   ./lib/.libs/libsword.a(swobject.o):swobject.cpp:(.text+0x2b): undefined reference to `sword::stricmp(char const*, char const*)'
   collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
   make[1]: *** [buildtest.exe] Error 1