[sword-devel] locale problem

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Jun 16 21:39:31 MST 2007

Manfred,
    The SWORD engine will not be Unicode aware unless it is either
compiled with ICU, or else you provide your own SWStringMgr subclass
which uses the Mac functions to implement the string manipulation
function of the base class.

    A quick test might be to just enable ICU in the SWORD compile and
see if it fixes your problem.  You can find it in the ./usrinst.sh
configuration script.

    I hope this helps.

          -Troy.