[sword-devel] French ligatures in Louis SÉGOND’s text

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Jul 16 01:06:55 MST 2007

Regarding searching, when you can define the correct behavior for a
language, we can search appropriately in sword.  We do something similar
for the early papyri and inscription databases.

1) We add a special strip filter to the .conf file appropriate for the
module, which normalizes the search text.

2) Then, the user supplied search expression is also passes through this
same filter.

It seems to work quite appropriately for the papyri searching.  You can
supply accented or unaccented greek, and searches will match even
regardless of transcription marks like [](), etc.

Here is an example.  Notice the unaccented search text and the different
results, even across papyri annotations.

http://crosswire.org/study/wordsearchresults.jsp?mod=DDP&searchTerm=%CE%BC%CE%B1%CE%BA%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%B9%CE%BF*