[sword-devel] SwordReader - another really silly problem

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Dec 28 10:48:25 MST 2007

Hi David ..........

David Trotz wrote:
> That's classic :-)
> I wonder if there is a way to get the abbreviated book names from the
> sword engine

It's all in canon.h which is mainly used by versekey, so I don't think
it would be difficult to get stuff from there.  It would probably be
better than working with the hard coded version that we have.  I never
did like that method.  Might be worth taking a look before we do a
simple fix.

Thanks for the offer of help.  I got it though.  It was a case of my
using the same handle sequentially on a group of files without doing a
'close' in between.  Very easily done, but annoying because the code
looks OK, and builds OK.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com