[sword-devel] Some new, public domain, non-English Bibles

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sat Dec 22 17:20:27 MST 2007

Using texts obtained from Bible Gateway, I've generated the following
Bible modules:

Danish:  Dette er Biblen (DanDetteBiblen)
Italian: Conferenza Episcopale Italiana (ItaCEI)
Polish:  Biblia Tysiaclecia (PolBibTysia)

Bible Gateway says these are all public domain texts:

http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/index.php?action=getVersionInfo&vid=11&lang=15
http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/index.php?action=getVersionInfo&vid=3&lang=5
http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/index.php?action=getVersionInfo&vid=12&lang=17

Per Troy's request, I'm asking for others, especially native speakers,
to take a look at these regarding the quality of the texts, and for
knowledgeable, informed opinion as to whether Bible Gateway's claim of
public domain is correct.  At least for the time being, I'm assuming
BG's claim is correct, or I wouldn't offer these publicly even now; but
I know that there has been question in the past about BG's claims of
public domain, such as regarding the old PorAA.

Aim your module manager/install manager at ftp.kleinpaste.org in /pub/sword.

comment welcome,
--karl