[sword-devel] STEP specification document??

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Sep 3 21:47:20 MST 2006

Larry,
    We used to host the specification on our website after we couldn't
find it anywhere online.  I went to find the link for you and discovered
that we had lost our step data somewhere along the line, as well.  I
went to hunt it down for you and found a copy of the step section, but
without the images.  I'm sorry about this.  You should still be able to
download the spec.

http://www.crosswire.org/bsisg/

I went to review the U3 site.  It looks like interesting technology.
Actually, we have a free and open 'run from CD' package that works with
all of our Bibles, commentaries, and other data, and binaries for
Windows, Linux, and MacOSX.  It wouldn't require U3, as you could merely
install it to any USB stick.  We don't require anything to be installed
on a computer to run.  We're finalizing the internationalization of a
new release right now, also, which includes the interface translated
into a number of different languages, and has many new features.  You
can download our current Windows software at:

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/software/

all of our software (Mac, Linux, PDA, etc.)  is available at:

http://www.crosswire.org

Our new Windows release should be available later this week.

All of our software is open and you are welcome to modify for your
uses.  We have .NET bindings which you can use to write your own GUI if
you still desire to do so.  Using our engine's .NET bindings will allow
your application to access all data we have available.

Hope information is useful.

    Our Lord's blessings in your ministry for Him,

       -Troy A. Griffitts