[sword-devel] SBL/ETS update / J2ME / Mac

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at yahoo.de
Tue Nov 21 13:04:44 MST 2006

Troy,

sorry I didn't get the time on the evening that I said.
But I defenitely will have a look this week.

Just that I understood right.
What he wants to do is some kind of incremental search means that the
textfield fires notifications (or Events) whenever a character is
typed and the search is updated right away, right?

Best regards,
Manfred

Am 21.11.2006 um 20:41 schrieb Troy A. Griffitts:

> Manfred,
> 	This is great news if you might have something available soon.  I
> have
> no experience with MacSword, or programming for the Mac.  You would be
> Dr. Winter's hero if you had a standalone app (macsword) working well
> with Hesychius for his presentation.  Don't stress too much, as he can
> always require there to be internet access available and use the web
> tool, but I'm sure it would remove much stress from him if he had
> something working which didn't require it.  Thanks for your efforts.
> I'm sorry you've not had success getting your additions to macsword
> released.
>
> 	-Troy.
>

> Manfred Bergmann wrote:
>> Hi Troy.
>>
>> I don't know if I understood right.
>> Generally I have the current sources of MacSword and actually I
>> helped developing it for quite some time but unfortunately these
>> updates (Universal Binary) never have been released.
>> Anyway, changing the search mechanism to work the way you described
>> should be doable (once the index has been build).
>> I can have a closer look at this in the evening (that's in about 9
>> hours :)
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Manfred
>>

>> Am 20.11.2006 um 05:42 schrieb Troy A. Griffitts:
>>
>>> DM, that's a nice screenshot.  I think Dr. Winter is mostly
>>> interested
>>> in quick/easy searching in either the body or the key of the
>>> lexicon.  I
>>> can rebuild the lexicon as an SWLD4 module, it macsword handles that
>>> better for searching.  In BibleCS, we have an incremental
>>> search-- as
>>> the user types it focuses the closes match in the center of about 10
>>> entries of context.  That would be great for him for key lookups,
>>> but he
>>> still wants to search entries, as well. (and actually, sometimes the
>>> keys have multiple words, and his target word might not be first,
>>> so the
>>> incremental search won't pull it up.
>>>
>>> All this to say, with all the great indexing everyone is doing on
>>> our
>>> data-- whether with sword or else with their own index build-- it
>>> should
>>> be possible to do full body search results as an incremental
>>> search--
>>> while the user types, it fills out the results box.  Google
>>> "suggest"
>>> does this on the entire internet :)  We should be able to do it on a
>>> much smaller domain of data.
>>>
>>> But regardless, I'm not a mac programmer, and have no idea how to
>>> update
>>> (or even compile; nor do I have access to a mac!) to do any of this
>>> for
>>> Bruce.  So, if we can't get even a simple tool for him by Friday,