[sword-devel] sword module repository

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 17:12:01 MST 2006

Peter,
	JSword uses HTTP tunneling to get to the modules' zip files and to
the catalog of modules. Specifically it expects the following structure:
www.xyz.com/a/b/c/root/
	(note: a/b/c/root can be any path of your choosing)
www.xyz.com/a/b/c/root/packages/rawzips/*.zips
	(note: it must be packages/rawzips)
www.xyz.com/a/b/c/root/raw/mods.d.tar.gz
	(note: it must be raw/mods.d.tar.gz)

With regard to the naming of the zips, each module's conf specifies
the "initials" of the name on the first non-blank line in [] as in
[KJV] and the zip is expected to have this name, e.g. KJV.zip

The content of the zip will be (using the KJV for an example)
mods.d/kjv.conf
	(note the conf name is typically in all lower case)
modules/texts/ztexts/kjv/*.*
	(note: the directory name containing the module files generally
matches the conf name, but it has to match the DataPath in the conf)

The following would be run in the pub/sword/raw directory of your ftp
site:
To zip up the KJV, I use a command like
	zip -u ../packages/rawzips/KJV.zip mods.d/kjv.conf modules/texts/
ztexts/kjv/*

To create mods.d.tar.gz I use the following command
	tar czvf mods.d.tar.gz mods.d

 From a practical perspective, you need to make the ftp directory
accessible via http.

In His Service,