[sword-devel] J-Sword Repositories (WAS [sword module repository])

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 16:53:16 MST 2006

David,
It would take a few things:
1) Pull the ftp code we used to have out of jsword-limbo.
2) Change it so that it works through corporate firewalls that block
ftp.
3) Change it so that it works with the default security settings of
WinXP SP2.
4) Change it so that it works on a Mac, through its default firewalls
settings for OSX 10.3 and OSX 10.4.
5) Fix the reliability problem or incomplete downloads caused by the
user closing the program or general unreliability of the network
during a download.
6) Solve the performance problem of downloading each piece of a module
7) Ensure that multiple FTPs can work in separate threads.
8) Add "passive" as an option.

If you think you are up to this, I can guide you through the code we
have.

DM