[sword-devel] introduction & more dutch bible translations?

Johan van der Lingen johanlingen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 08:53:56 MST 2006

Could 'anyone' please respond with one or more answers? (see below)
I am sorry to bother you, but I am brand new to this project, so I would
appreciate some confirmation :-)

Bless,

Johan

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 19:06, Johan van der Lingen wrote:

Speaking of 'serving together', maybe we could pick this up together
Gertjan (and possibly also Maurits)?

We could try to contact all copyright holders in Holland (provided no-one
has done this recently with no succes). Below are the questions I asked
before, please confirm (or deny) whether I have the answers right.

- has anyone ever attempted to get other dutch bible translations?
answer: people found most dutch bibles copyrighted, but no-one has ever
contacted the copyright holders (NBG, GBS) with a request to give rights to
use some translation in Sword.
- what is legally necessary to make a translation usable in Sword (do you
i.e. need a contract) ?
answer: as a volunteer I only need to contact the copyright holders and
investigate if they are willing to share their translations. If so, we
should inform Sword at copyright at crosswire.org and turn our contact.
Crosswire will take care of any legal formalities.
- what does it (technically) take to turn this into a format that is usable
in the Sword project?
answer: As a volunteer, willing to investigate the willingness of copyright
holders to share the Word of God through Sword, I do not need to care of
any technical issue. They will be dealt with later on.

Am I right?

If anyone would like to co-operate within the Netherlands, you can email me
at johanlingen at gmail.com. We could i.e. not only call or write, but also
visit the copyright holders. This usually has more impact.

In Christ,

Johan