[sword-devel] Re: [sword-support] XML

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Thu May 11 08:42:43 MST 2006

On 11/05/06, Sean Reynolds <sean.reynolds at cune.org> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Here is the deal...
> I am a C#.NET developer. I just looked through your API, and not only was it
> compressed in an (anti-microsoft) way :) but none of it looks compiled, and
> it looks like it is written in C++.
>
> I know C++ (8 Years) but I would really just like the Bible Texts. If I
> could get all of the Texts such as Strongs Concordance etc, that would be
> very good as well.
>
> To me, if you don't have a .NET project or solution it would be easier if
> you just gave me the texts which you do have, in XML.
>
> I don't mean to sound rude, though I know I have been so far. Basically I am
> teasing. I know there are lots of people who don't like Microsoft and that
> is fine with me; I was the same till my conversion 2 years ago!!! It is a
> fun rivalry... But I really just want to get cooking on some cool Bible
> programs, and the texts would be such a fantastic head start!!
>
> I will give you all of my Objects when I am done! I would feel honored if
> others are using these tools!!! Also if you have some COM objects I can wrap
> in .NET, that will work too.
>
> But I don't want to go through and compile all of this c++ or start
> converting code into .NET, I do enough of that at work ;)

Hi Sean,
I can't remember the details so I'm ccing the devlist but I'm pretty
sure someone got .NET bindings for the API working. Was that you
Jason?

Regards,
Daniel

P.S. Would anyone that has played with bindings lately - from swig I
guess i.e. perl, c#, python like to write up a web page so we can
advertise their availability.