[sword-devel] Oddity using "The Bible Tool" and ESV ... "Go to:" doesn't seem to work at first.

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Wed May 10 18:33:09 MST 2006

I've encountered a problem trying to use "The Bible Tool" to check the
ESV. The Go to: input field only results in seeing the
copyright/publisher information.

Here are the steps using IE 6
* www.crosswire.org
* select "Read the Bible" link to get to www.crosswire.org/study
* specify the ESV Biblical text
* Now the ESV copyright/publisher info is shown
http://www.crosswire.org/study/fulllibrary.jsp?show=ESV

* Enter a verse-reference in the "Go to:" input field, such as Genesis
1:1 or Genesis 1 and click on the "go" button.
Still showing the copyright/publisher information. The URL is:
http://www.crosswire.org/study/fulllibrary.jsp?key=Genesis+1%3A1

If I do a search for a work, such as "generation", then I see a list
of verses that match. From that point on, the "Go to:" input works ok.

Actually, this seems to happen with all Bible texts, not just the ESV.

Am I doing something wrong, or leaving out a step?