[sword-devel] ESV TESTERS PLEASE READ

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri May 5 18:43:45 MST 2006

> This is not a good start to my beta-testing career :(

No need for apology.  Others did the same thing, so the communication on
my part was likely not bold enough (hence the caps in the subject of
this email) :)

> Is it possible for
> the ESV sword web version to be ok, but for there to be a technical or
> content related problem with the ESV module? In other words, if the sword web
> version is ok, then we would assume the ESV module is ok.  Right?

Quick answer: right.

Detailed answer: It is certainly _possible_ that there is an ESV module
problem even if swordweb displays correctly (Joachim has already pointed
one out concerning intros which were incorrectly inserted in the
module).  But, unless you really understand the technical details, it's
safest just to assume that if swordweb works (or another sword frontend
which you are certain is compiled against the latest SVN of the SWORD
engine), then the ESV is good.

Thanks again for your time to test!  Hope you enjoy the module!

	-Troy.