[sword-devel] KJV2006 progress report

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Mar 8 17:40:45 MST 2006

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, DM Smith wrote:
>> I also want to experiment with using <q sID="xxx" who="Jesus"/> ... <q
>> eID="xxx"> to see if SWORD for Windows can handle it correctly. If so, I
>> am inclined to change all quotes to this form. (feedback desired)
>
> Is it really good idea to change markup for one frontend? It should be
> other way round. If frontend cannot do something, it should be changed.

Actually, it is sort of the other way around. BibleCS (The SWORD Project
for Windows) is likely to have both the most extensive OSIS support and
the most users. (I'm more certain of the former claim than the latter.
My basis for the latter is simply the number of support requests we get,
which could very well be due to other factors, like the level of
expertise of the users.)

If BibleCS doesn't support a feature of OSIS, then it is likely that
none of the frontends do (in part because if BibleCS's render filters
are part of the Sword library itself, so updating them is part of the
process of updating Sword itself).

--Chris