[sword-devel] BibleCS Installer

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Wed Mar 8 00:49:19 MST 2006

Hey guys.  Excited about all the ideas moving forward with multiple
windows installs, but please remember that THIS release is only intented
to have the identical functionality as the current InstallShield
installer, just so we can get an update out for the software.  After
that, I'm perfectly happy to entertain ideas about supporting multiple
sword clients on a windows computer.  I'm not trying to squelch
creativity here.  I really want to move forward with things, but we need
to have milestones-- and we have a very immediate need.  I agree with DM
that we need to get this out sooner and worry about new functionality after.

The current InstallShield uninstaller calls installmgr with a
command-line option to remove all modules.  Lynn, I understand this may
not be what you want, but the switch to NSIS-- and thus an open
installer which allows for future enhancement-- has to be TOWARD what
you want.  Please understand the need I'm trying to meet.  It is nothing
personal.

	-Troy.