[sword-devel] Jabber Bible chat bot

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Mar 2 02:21:30 MST 2006

I have made a new chat bot which uses diatheke. It is a python scipt
which contacts a Jabber server (see http://www.jabber.org) and acts like
a normal client. You can add it to your buddy list, send it commands and
read bible.

http://iki.fi/eelik/jabberbiblebot/
There is .tar.gz (small) and a screenshot of a Kopete session with the
bot.

Unfortunately I don't have internet connection at home so I cannot run
it publicly. I would be happy if other people could run and test it. It
needs Python installation, jabber.py library (in Debian it's
python-jabber) and diatheke.

Download the packet and see README if you want to know more.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland