[sword-devel] Help wanted: Unlocking a module in MacSword

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 10:43:11 MST 2006

Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Hi Will,
> thank you for your eMail.
>

>> Sorry for slow replies. I hope to have a version of MacSword out by
>> the end of the week that supports entering cipher keys within
>> MacSword. Which should make it obvious and easy to work. At the
>> moment though the process will be much like you suggest. Except that
>> in MacSword most users will keep each module in its own directory. So:
>>
>> 1 Open the folder "gerhof2002" inside your Modules folder
>> 2 Inside that open the folder mods.d
>> 3 Open the file "gerhof2002.conf" in any text editor
>> 4 Change the line "CipherKey=" to read "CipherKey=#####" where #####
>> is the cipher key you were provided with
>>
>> But hopefully this will be unnecessary and MacSword will prompt the
>> user for a key on opening the module. Is there a custom config key
>> that provides a url for purchase?
>>

> Not yet. What about UnlockURL=?
> At the moment it's written in the about section. I can do a module update if
> we agree on a key name.
>
> I guess we'd need to document this somewhere.
So is it the plan that these locked modules will reside on CrossWire?
(gerhof2002, esv, nasb, ...)

Please do document it. JSword validates the conf for any deviations from
the published norm, producing lots of diagnostics and rejecting
everything "key" in the file that is not known.

BTW, when is the wiki going to be back up. That's where most of the
documentation for it is.