[sword-devel] The penultimate word on the "PorAA" module Portuguese Bible

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 21 17:30:48 MST 2006

Em Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:57:39 +0100, Jónatas Ferreira escreveu:

> Em 2006/06/18, às 18:52, Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete DUTRA
> escreveu:
>
>>       	It does not matter much now that the module was taken offline,
>> but I will follow up with IBB and try to get permission, case in which
>> my module will come handy.
>
> I have been using yours module and it still has errors. There are
> still at least one missing verse in Luke 9:62. The verse displayed as
> 61 should be 62 and the real 61's text doesn't exist.

     	That is good to know, I suspected there were more such errors.

	Anyway, if I indeed get permission from IBB I will try to get
a pristine copy.

>>> So I asked him to compare it with Versão Revisada (curiosity: that
>>> version is, generally, considered better). I'm waiting for him to
>>> answer me.
>>
>>   	Any answer already?
>
> No. But I'm not pushing him. Because it was taken off the website
> now. I'm focusing in trying to gain permission to distribute at least
> one of the 4 Almeida's Bible modules I already created: Corrigida
> Fiel, Trinitarian Bible Society, Revista e Atualizada and Revista e
> Corrigida

	It would be nice to know which Atualizada and which Corrigida
are these.  Both have quite recent second editions, markedly better
than the originals, but anyway I doubt you will be able to get
permissions on them.  No harm trying.

     	The Trinitarian AFAIK is a Corrigida too, as is Fiel, but they
are unimpressive.  If they are truly aligned with the TR-only
(Majority fans, AKA KJV-onlyism) sect, they could despise copy rights
enough to grant permission.

   	BTW, I too oppose copy rights, but not on the same grounds as
KJV-onlyists.

>>     	I generally dislike the resource to authority, but given the
>> situation it might come handy.
>
> It's always handy. Not as a source to win a fight, but as a source
> for knowledge, so that we don't keep trying to invent the wheel
> again :P

  	No NIH syndrome here, it is only that instead of merely
relying on authority it is better to understand the authority's
arguments.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA     +55 (11) 5685 2219
http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/        +55 (11) 9406 7191
mailto:leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
xmpp:leandrod at jabber.org                              BRASIL