[sword-devel] The penultimate word on the "PorAA" module Portuguese Bible

Jónatas Ferreira jonatas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 15:57:39 MST 2006

Em 2006/06/18, às 18:52, Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete DUTRA
escreveu:

> 	I am writing yet because Chris did not seem convinced PorAA is
> Revisada, but I guess with his findings and Jonatas' that should be
> quite clear now.
>
>       	It does not matter much now that the module was taken offline,
> but I will follow up with IBB and try to get permission, case in which
> my module will come handy.

I have been using yours module and it still has errors. There are
still at least one missing verse in Luke 9:62. The verse displayed as
61 should be 62 and the real 61's text doesn't exist.

>> (...)
>> So I asked him to compare it with Versão Revisada (curiosity: that
>> version is, generally, considered better). I'm waiting for him to
>> answer me.
>
>   	Any answer already?

No. But I'm not pushing him. Because it was taken off the website
now. I'm focusing in trying to gain permission to distribute at least
one of the 4 Almeida's Bible modules I already created: Corrigida
Fiel, Trinitarian Bible Society, Revista e Atualizada and Revista e
Corrigida

>> He is an authority in Bible translation here in Portugal and he is
>> even recognized around the world.
>
>     	I generally dislike the resource to authority, but given the
> situation it might come handy.
> (...)

It's always handy. Not as a source to win a fight, but as a source
for knowledge, so that we don't keep trying to invent the wheel again :P

Greetings,
Jónatas