[sword-devel] Calvin's commentary

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 14 13:49:38 MST 2006

Hi Chris ............

Chris Little wrote:
> The problem with Calvin's Commentaries is that they do not fit into the
> book/chapter/verse paradigm we use in Sword.
I've just taken a look at the work on CCEL.  I see exactly what you
mean.  The thing is, the basic text is Calvin's - it's just been very
freely adapted in form to fit the Sword commentary format.  As I say,
personally I find it valuable.  I'd have thought that although the
description would have to use a phrase such as: "freely adapted by Dave
Hall from the original text" it would be a valuable addition to the
Sword library.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).